Saturday 1 January 2011

Ode to a Butterfly

Dear Butterfly thank you for existing

For filling my life with hope and joy

Where do you come from undulating?

Gently fluttering with no apparent toil?



Life was grey memories dull future bleak

Drifted in with you a rainbow of colours

On wings of iridiscence and imagination

And took away my grind groans and grunts.



Days are now a stream of joyous escapade

You fill it with movement and luminiscence

But when with wings fluttering you levitate

I fear with you will fly away my happiness.



Does it never cross your mind, Oh butterfly?

Life isn't simply sun nectar and flower hedge

Nature is harsh and always takes its price

Pain infirmity death is just around the edge?



But of course!! Convoluted and contorted

Your body has survived the eternal test

In internal habitats varied beyond compare

Metamorphosed you triumph over the rest.



Vibgyor survivor is an epitome of endurance.

Traversing from inert mass to wondrous worm

You've seen and felt it all in only a single life-span


having escaped the deadly trap of the cocoon.




You've taught me the best lesson of life

Contentment isn't transient sensorial delight

We're travellers upon an eternal path

To learn how to end hunger, pain and strife



Life is to sway in motion, along points on a line

Delight simply in existence and nothing else

To harm no one, utter no sound, make no demands

Then silently depart the earthly jurisprudence.



You're my Monarch, a Jezebel, my Painted Lady

My Viceroy, Admiral, Tiger and so much more

But most of all, you're my treasure trove

of freedom, love, beauty and so much more.

No comments: